Monday, August 01, 2011

Piet Mondrian

He was a Dutch painter and the father of geometric abstractionism, but I am interested to his earlier impressionist style, like Georges Seurat's paintings (pointillism) but unlike the alienation from The sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, Mondrian's oil paintings have great harmony and a sense of peace, he brings landscape and architecture to life. 
I really enjoy it :)
Intellect confuses intuition. -Piet Mondrian



Sun, church in zeeland-Piet Mondrian 1909


Pointillist Dune Study, Crest at Left Piet Mondrian- 
Piet Mondrain 1909


A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte 
- Georges Seurat 1884


I've tried the technique myself in high school, it takes a lot of time and patience. I created a piece with my favourite perfume - Ma Dame from Jean Paul Gaultier , and another one with lucky strike ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment